Inspired by efforts to increase racial diversity in conservation, the Roger Arliner Young (RAY) Conservation Diversity Fellowship Program is a response to the call for mainstream environmental organizations to increase and provide supported conservation-related career pathways for people of color. The RAY Fellowship Program is a paid fellowship designed to equip recent college graduates with an undergraduate degree with the tools and support they need to become leaders in the conservation sector; one that fully represents the rich and diverse communities within the United States.
Managed by the Environmental Leadership Program (ELP), the RAY Fellowship Program seeks to provide first-time career access opportunities for recent college graduates who do not have previous professional experience or a graduate degree. RAY Fellows are placed within one of our member organizations for a year-long paid fellowship position, with the resources and support to develop experiences that will launch them onto a path of career growth in conservation. Fellows work with mentors, grow their networks, and forge lasting relationships with their cohort of Fellows. RAY Fellowship positions are full-time paid positions with competitive entry-level salaries plus benefits. Fellows will also receive a stipend of $1,000 to go towards professional development opportunities, in addition to coordinated professional development through RAY Member Organizations and ELP.
Applications for the 2018-2019 Fellowship cycle will open in January 2018, and Fellowship positions will begin July 16, 2018.
The RAY Fellowship Program looks for applicants that demonstrate:
- Passion and capacity to exercise leadership and respond to social and environmental challenges
- Willingness to actively contribute to the program as well as take advantage of its benefits
- Commitment to the values of diversity and justice within the environmental and social change fields
- The ability and desire to remain an active member of the RAY Fellows Network after the conclusion of the year-long Fellowship
- Eagerness to connect with and learn from others
Review our application process, timeline, and eligibility requirements for more!