FAQs & Application Guidance
1. How many positions can I apply to?
You may apply to as many positions as you would like, please review the full list of positions here.
2. Do I need to submit multiple applications or essays if I apply to more than 1 position?
Please only submit 1 application for all positions, whether you are applying for 2 positions or 7. You do not need to write multiple essays.
3. Where do I include which positions I’m interested in?
For the third short answer question (what positions are you interested in) please include as an additional page after your essay, that lists the positions you are applying for in ranked order of preference. You may also include a brief sentence about why you are interested in this position/it’s a good fit for you.
4. What are we looking for?
We are looking for applicants who not only a good fit for the posted positions but meet all eligibility criteria, including:
- Will have graduated between the July 2017 and June 2018
- Demonstrate a strong, active commitment to the values of diversity, equity and justice within the environmental and social change fields – this should be addressed in at least one component your application materials, wherever most applicable (i.e. essay response, resume or letter of recommendation).
- Can commit to one full year of the fellowship (some positions are posted as 2 year fellowships, contingent on funding)
- Are eligible to work in US (visas or sponsorships are not available)
- Highlight experiences (both personal and professional) that are related to your desired position and demonstrate your leadership skills and experiences
- We are looking for compelling answers that directly answer the question prompts and connect your experiences to the goals of the fellowship
- Essays should be no more than 1 page single spaced
Letters of Recommendation / Letter of Support:
- Letters should be no more than 1 page single-spaced
- Letters should be written on official letterhead and include contact information of the person who is writing the recommendation
- Letters should be addressed to RAY Program Coordinator, Jordan Williams, and be emailed directly to [email protected].
**If your essays and resume are ready to submit, please upload them via your individual application link as soon as complete. Letters of recommendation can and should be sent separately via email.