Eligible RAY Fellow applicants will:
- Come from a racial/ethnic background that is underrepresented in conservation and/or demonstrate a commitment to the values of diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Be no more than one year out of college
- Have graduated with a Bachelor’s Degree by July 2019 (we are not considering graduate students at this time)
- Have the ability to work in the United States and commit to the entire fellowship
How to Apply
Applications for the 2019-2020 Fellowship cycle will open on January 18, 2019. To apply for the RAY Fellowship Program, applicants must:
1. Complete an Application (when applications open, you will be able to click this link and complete a short online survey)
2. Follow the instructions on the linked application to submit a curriculum vitae or a resume, a letter of support, and the following two essays and short answer:
- Dr. Roger Arliner Young was the first African-American woman to receive a doctorate in zoology after years of juggling research and teaching while overcoming personal struggles. Her story is one of grit and perseverance. Please tell us about an experience from your own life that has influenced who you are and shaped your development. (no more than one page single-spaced)
- What do you see as the greatest challenge to our environment today? (no more than one page single-spaced)
- Which RAY Fellowship positions would you like to be considered for? Please rank your top three choices with #1 being your top choice. (short answer)
3. Letters of support (only one per applicant) should be written by a professor, mentor, employer, etc. and be addressed and emailed to Jordan Williams at [email protected].
Applications must be submitted to the RAY Fellowship Program no later than March 29, 2019. Transcripts and additional writing samples are not required. Questions about the application process can be submitted to the RAY Program Coordinator, Jordan Williams, via email at [email protected]. Please include ‘RAY Fellow Application’ in the subject line.
Please review descriptions of the Fellowship positions being offered during the 2019-2020 Fellowship cycle. Positions will be added on a rolling basis between January 18 and March 15.
January 18, 2019: Applications Open
January 18 - March 15, 2019: Fellowship Positions Posted on a Rolling Basis
March 29, 2019: Applications Due
April 2019: Application Review & Selection
May 2019: Applicants Notified
July 15, 2019: First Day of Fellowship
Learn more about the RAY Fellowship Program interview and selection process by attending our annual Informational Webinar Series.