- Come from a racial/ethnic background that is underrepresented in the marine conservation field in the United States and/or demonstrate a strong and active commitment to the values of diversity, equity, and justice within the environmental and social change fields
- Have graduated with an undergraduate degree between June 2017 and July 2018 (we are not considering graduate students at this time)
- Have the ability to work in the United States and commit to the entire year-long fellowship
How to Apply
Applications for the 2018-2019 Fellowship cycle are now open. To apply for the RAY Fellowship Program, applicants must:
1. Complete an Application (this links to a very short online survey including contact information and demographics)
2. Follow the instructions on the linked application to submit a curriculum vitae or a resume, a letter of support, and the following two essays and short answer:
- Dr. Roger Arliner Young was the first African-American woman to receive a doctorate in zoology after years of juggling research and teaching while overcoming personal struggles. Her story is one of grit and perseverance. Please tell us about an experience from your own life that has influenced who you are and shaped your development. (no more than one page single-spaced)
- What do you see as the greatest challenge to our environment today? (no more than one page single-spaced)
- Which RAY Fellowship positions would you like to be considered for? Please rank your top three choices with #1 being your top choice. (short answer)
3. Letters of support (only one per applicant) should be written by a professor, mentor, employer, etc. and be addressed and emailed to Jordan Williams at [email protected].
Applications must be submitted to the RAY Fellowship Program no later than March 15, 2018. Transcripts and additional writing samples are not required. Questions about the application process can be submitted to the RAY Program Coordinator, Jordan Williams, via email at [email protected]. Please include ‘RAY Fellow Application’ in the subject line.
Please review descriptions of the Fellowship positions being offered during the 2018-2019 Fellowship cycle. Positions will be added on a rolling basis between January 3 and the end of February.
January 3, 2018: Applications Open
January 3 - March 1, 2018: Fellowship Positions Posted on a Rolling Basis
March 15, 2018: Applications Due
April 2018: Application Review & Selection
May 2018: Applicants Notified
July 16, 2018: First Day of Fellowship
Learn more about the RAY Fellowship Program interview and selection process by attending our annual Informational Webinar Series.