How to Apply
To apply for the RAY Fellowship Program, applicants must:
1. Complete an Application (this links to a very short online questionnaire including contact information and demographics)
2. Follow the instructions on linked application to submit a curriculum vitae or a resume, a letter of support, and the following two essays and short answer:
- Roger Arliner Young was the first African-American woman to receive a doctorate in zoology after years of juggling research and teaching while overcoming personal struggles. Her story is one of grit and perseverance. Tell us about an experience from your own life that has influenced your personally in shaping who you are and your development? (no more than one page)
- What do you see as the greatest challenge to our environment today? (no more than one page)
- Which 2017 RAY Fellowship positions would you like to be considered for? (short answer)
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
March 31, 2017: Applications Due
April 2017: Application Review & Selection
May 2017: Fellows Notified
July 17, 2017: First Day of Fellowship
- Recently have graduated (between May 2016 and June 2017) with an undergraduate degree/ will have graduated with an undergraduate degree by the start of the RAY Marine Conservation Diversity Fellowship in July 2017. We are not considering graduate students at this time.
- Have the ability to work in the United States.
- Have the ability to commit to the entire year long fellowship.
- Can demonstrate a strong, active commitment to the values of diversity, equity, and justice within the environmental and social change fields
INFORMATIONAL WEBINAR - Recording
Did you miss the RAY Fellowship Applicant Webinars? Watch a recording of the first webinar featuring Jordan Williams and Ron Tardiff, current RAY Fellows working at EDF
- Overview of RAY Marine Conservation Fellowship Program and Partner Organizations
- Review of application process, deadline for submissions and required docs
- Featured positions - **including new positions being posted this week**
- Experience of current RAY Fellows
- Q&A session - ask any questions you have regarding your application or the fellowship
Click here to view a recording of the webinar featuring RAY Fellows Ron Tardiff and Jordan Williams at EDF
We strongly recommend all applicants attend a webinar to learn more about the interview and selection process. If you are unable to attend either webinar we will be posting a recording of the webinar on our website. We look forward to answering your questions during the webinar.